Old House Revival Company

Today was the annual Winnipeg “Doors Open”, a day when the public can see museums, historic buildings, etc., free of charge  with guided tours. Although it threatened rain, we did get to see one old building which we have wanted to visit;
001
The Old house Revival Company, situated in a historic warehouse, sells architectural items and other antiques. I loved this old iron fence, which also included a gate.
002
We have a caboose heater like this, in much better shape, (used to heat the last coach of a train), but right now it is sitting in our basement collecting dust.
003
I didn’t photograph the lovely old stained glass windows, or the gentleman working on site to restore them.
I couldn’t come away empty-handed, but I didn’t overdo it either. I bought a tiny reamer to add to my very small collection. It would be ideal to extract juice from key limes, I think. I have shown it with a regular small reamer and some lemons for comparison.
009 010 The other items I bought will wait for another posting, when I have used them in small projects I am planning.
We lunched at Homers, a Greek restaurant…..
004
…and arrived home just in time for a downpour. Our lounge is in a little pond. In the background is our almost-completed fence, (more construction postponed due to weather!). We must wait until next year to stain it per instructions, but the one missing piece will be put in ASAP.
006

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fun place. I love those architectural pieces and that heater. I love your key lime reamer; you'll have to show us your other pretties too. Your yard is beautiful. I know you are enjoying it along with the warmer temps. So nice to visit with you today Millie.
kay ellen said…
Hi Millie,

Oh I love all that old iron fencing!!!

Have a lovley weekend:)

Kay Ellen
Cindy said…
I didn't know about the free Museum day being today. I would love to visit the Old House Revival Company, I will have to plan that one with my hubby or d-i-l. Hasn't the rain and thunder been something? I have never in my life seen a day when it just rumbled on and on.
Great photos.
Cindy S
Hi Millie, I never heard the term 'reamer' before. I have one of those for lemons and we call it a juicer. Enjoyed your post! Pam
I love architectural antiques! Loved going on this adventure with you.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020

Cloche Party!!