Our Greek New Year Feast

Every year on New Years Day our immediate family has a themed dinner. In the past we have done Moroccan, Thai, French, etc., and this year we chose Greek recipes. We do all the cooking ourselves..many of the recipes are new to us, so the presentation may not be authentic, but..

It was certainly delicious!

Here is our son - in -  law, pretending a Greek pose:

005

The table was very pretty:004

Chicken souvlaki:

007

Spanakopita

010

Lamb and rice

011

Greek salad:

012

Potato moussaka:

013

For dessert, I made bougatsa, but I didn’t get a photo of that.

It was a great day with the  family, and more memories were made…

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds like so much fun!

A funny memory...many years ago, the cafeteria served many salads, but our favorite was Greek. One day when we stopped in and ordered Greek salad to go, the lady waiting on us said, "You don't look Greek!!!"

Blessings to you and your family in the new year, Millie.
Cindy said…
Your meal sounds SO delicious! The spanekapeda and souvlaki look mouth wateringly good!!! I love Greek food, Langley, in BC has lots of good Greek restaurants, we miss that. I would love to find a good one here in Winnipeg. If you know of one, let me know. I have never heard of your dessert, but knowing your cooking, I'm sure it was very delectable.
Happy New Year and big hugs, Cindy
Yummy it looks so delicious....yummy...I will be right over..Happy New Year..
ellen b. said…
What a great tradition. This meal is calling out out to me! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020

Cloche Party!!