A long life. well lived

My dear Mom went Home to be with her Heavenly Father, yesterday. She was 94 years old.
The last few years were difficult for her, as she began to experience forgetfulness, and then became weaker. She spent the last 8 weeks in hospital and I calculated that I made 60 trips to visit her there, and I don’t begrudge one minute of it. We had sweet times, but also some stressful ones. The hospital staff were wonderful and kind. I am going to miss them in the days to come.
We have so many pleasant memories of our times together. I will always cherish them.
A couple photos follow:
Mom and Dad in 1937 before their marriage, or shortly after:
My Dad was 9 years older than Mom, and was her Grade 8 teacher. We often laughed about that!
Mom and Dad before marriage cropped
and Mom, on her 90th birthday:
007
So many things I could say, but I’ll say just one:
SHE WAS A GOOD MOM!

Comments

I deeply feel your pain, as my own mom passed away a few years ago, all I could think of was I was nobodys little girl anymore, such a silly think...I am sorry for your pain...
Anonymous said…
Millie, I offer my deepest sympathy. Thank you for sharing these precious pictures. Sending my love and prayers.
ellen b. said…
Oh Millie, so sorry. May God comfort you as you learn to live without your dear mom here on earth. So glad you could spend so much time with her the last several weeks...
Lorrie said…
Millie, I'm sorry for the earthly loss of your mother. I pray for comfort and peace as you grieve, yet are not without the wonderful hope of seeing her once again. May God's loving arms strengthen and encourage you.
Laura said…
So sorry for the loss of your Mom. I don't think it matters what age you are, or how many wonderful years you had together, the loss of your Mom is devastating. Big hugs to you and your family.
Pamela Gordon said…
Oh Millie, I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of your dear Mom. She looks like a lovely lady and I'm sure you have some wonderful memories. God bless you with his comfort and peace in the coming days.
Dear Millie,
I am so sorry to hear your mother has passed away. I'm glad you have so many lovely memories you will treasure always. God bless you, my friend, and may you have His peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Hugs,
Sandi
Cindy said…
Dearest Millie, I am sorry to hear of your loss. May God bless you and comfort you and your family, my friend.
Hugs, Cindy
Anonymous said…
Oh, Millie! I'm so sorry to hear this! I've been so out of it since I've been gone so long. Just know I've been right where you are as my little mother passed away last October. Your mother was such a pretty lady and you will be in my prayers.
Thank you for coming by to visit me.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020