The Pouring Teapot - Part 2

This is my second post on the subject of teapots.
My Mom gave me the silver tea service that she and Dad received for their 25th wedding anniversary. Although she used it often, I haven't done the same. It remains on display, but I hope to find the right occasion to pour tea from it soon.

The little teapots are 2 I purchased at an auction. Being new to auctions, I quite timidly bid, and when the auctioneeer asked how many of the 15 available I wanted, I said "two", and then regretted not buying them all. They are reproductions of teapots found in the Victoria and Albert Museum in England. Each one came with a little story on the history of the original.
Above is the teapot, cream and sugar from my set of Evesham china. My hubby bought many pieces for me, and it is certainly one set I use often. I once read that Prince Charles and Diana received Evehsam as a wedding gift and used it.

On another note, I once did a Christmas tree in a tea theme. I don't know how to copy the pictures from Webshots, so this is the link to 2 pictures:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1524585574053407690UChAgG

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1524584330053407690dfnISW

I have really enjoyed the tea blog-a-thon. I have seen so many lovely photos, and enjoyed wonderful stories. Thanks to Gracious Hospitality for hosting this exceptional event!


Comments

ellen b. said…
Oh Millie, these are some great teapots you have. The ones you got at auction are beautiful. I loved your Tea trees too!!
La Tea Dah said…
The rest of your teapots are just as special! I also have my parents 25th wedding anniversary silver tea set and I cherish it. And your auction teapots are beautiful! I agree --- that it would have been nice for you to have bought all 15 of them! But, I understand how it would be somewhat intimidating to purchase by bidding at an auction. I've never done that myself.

Thanks for a great post. . .again!

LaTeaDah
Anonymous said…
Mille, I just love all of your teapots! They are all just beautiful. Thank you for sharing and for the pictures of your tea inspired Christmas tree. I have never seen anything like it. What a great idea! Loved your post.
Unknown said…
Your teapots are lovely. Your Christmas Tea Tree is wonderful - I love it!!
Carrie said…
I have enjoyed looking at your other teapots. Your Evesham teapot is the larger model -- I have the 4-cup pot and the sugar like yours.
The auction teapots are very beautiful designs. It is so nice to have museum designs.
The webshot photos ot your tree are great!
Kathy said…
I love the silver tea service. How special that it was your parents 25th anniversary gift. I have my grandmothers tea service and I don't use it either - why in the world not?? I will have to get it out and polish it up to serve tea, even if it is just to serve myself! Lovely post...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden
Sandy said…
Beautiful! I really like the set with the fruit on them. Thank you for sharing your pretty pots!
I love your silver tea service! How wonderful that you have it for a sentimental keepsake! Thanks for sharing all your lovely teapots!
Sandra said…
That silver set is so beautiful. What a special memory attached to it too.

Sandra

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020