Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring Flowers- At Last!





While most of blog land has been posting spring flowers for weeks, in Winnipeg, ours are just beginning to bloom.
Double yellow tulips, a bright spot in the garden

A nice patch of vivid violas signal spring



Pulmonaria, or lungwort, produces both blue and pink flowers on one stem
                                                                      Pink tulips
 
A rose I received as a Mother's Day gift

Today's little bouquet
I'm joining Tootsie today for flower Friday.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Millie,
Your flowers are gorgeous. My tulips must be early bloomers because they are all finished for the year. Oh and the lavender that I planted last year did not make it through the winter, I am so sad about that. I will try again, though, I love lavender so much.
Hugs, Cindy S

Mildred said...

What beauties you have shared today Millie. The rose especially is absolutely stunning. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Angel said...

Love your double yellow Tulips. Your flowers are all so pretty!! Thanks for sharing , have a great weekend!

Carolyn said...

Hi Millie,
Your blooms are lovely and you probably enjoy them more for having to wait so long or that is what I tell myself!
Have a good weekend,
Carolyn

Maureen said...

The wait is over! I love the coor of the tulips.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How lovely your flowers are, Millie! I just love Spring! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Millie, these are delightful flowers, and I love your header! It's stunning! Wish I were in Canada. It's getting a little warm here of late. Oh, maybe that's because I live in Florida. No wonder! ;-)

Keep posting flowers to us because our hot season is truly just around the bend. I bet Canada is a paradise in the summer with the blooms.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Paula said...

What beautiful flowers you have - thaks for sharing them Paula in Idaho

Darla said...

Beautiful!!