2011 -11- 11 -11th hour

We attended a Remembrance Day service this morning on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, and this year in the year ending 11. Our two grandsons were with us and as we stood in the moment of silence I remembered that many parents lost their children and grandchildren to the horrors of battle when they were the age or a little older than our two precious young men. It gave a new dimension to the day.
Thank you, Canadian soldiers, for the sacrifice you made, so that we could enjoy peace.

Comments

Pamela Gordon said…
It does indeed. I was watching the ceremony from Ottawa today and saw the young cadets marching afterward. I realized some of them are the same age as the soldiers that joined up (including my dad) for both world wars. It's a stark reality isn't it? I pray it will never happen again. Pamela
Cindy said…
I reiterate your "Thank You", the Canadian soldiers are why we are a free country today. God is Good!
Hugs, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020