The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee

“God save our gracious Queen,

Long Live our noble Queen.

God save the Queen!”

This weekend marks our Queen’s 60th anniversary jubilee. I am a great fan of the Queen…through all her years she has maintained her dignity and grace, and has visited her realm many times. The first time I saw the Queen she was wearing yellow, a colour much like this rose. She was much younger then, and a true beauty..

004

So today, I am assembling my Royal mementos, and having a cup of tea in her honour.

004

Last week we had our cousins from England with us , and they brought us a mug and cup and saucer from the Royal Yacht Britannia, said to be one of the Queen’s favourite homes away from home. She was very sad when it was de-commissioned a few years ago.

006

A little plate in celebration of the Queen`s golden Jubilee..

010

..and a cup from the coronation…(I bought this one at a garage sale!)

009

The mug with the crossed swords was a souvenir from our visit to the Tower of London.

For tea, I am serving cucumber sandwiches and a lime square on Royal Worcester plates.

013

Won`t you join me….

017

I am linking to Sandi’s Tuesday tea time

Comments

Pamela Gordon said…
Millie, this is a beautiful post! I love your collection of teacups, the flag and the sandwiches and squares. God save the Queen!
You have a great collection of Royal china. What fun to make a Diamond Jubilee tea party.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That is so amazing your husband saw that visit of the King and Queen to Winnipeg. I laughed my head off when I heard the recording on CBC - what a strange coincidence of names.
Hello Millie,
What a wonderful collection of Royal china you have. I love the cup from the Tower of London! It's quite striking.
I've seen the Queen a couple of times when she was here on the Island. Once, when I was a little girl, and she looked right at me and smiled, as I stood by the roadside. I was thrilled, as you can imagine!
Love cucumber sandwiches and your squares look delicious. Thanks so much for joining me for tea today.
Hope you have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi
You have some nice memorabilia of the Queen and your luncheon in honour of her diamond jubilee looks delicious.
I wish I could share a cup of tea with you! What a wonderful collection you have showcasing the Queen.
Cindy said…
Lots of wonderful English tea ware! I love cucumber sandwiches and the lime squares sound delish!
Have a great week.
Hugs, Cindy
A wonderful post! This is such a special occasion! As a Brit and 1st gen Yank from a Brit family we have loved every bit!
Ruth
Beth said…
What great memorabilia, Millie. Beautiful post. The food looks inviting too.
Hi Millie,
the Queen qould be also delighted if she would see what wonderful memorabilia you have. That was really a Royal tea time. Thank you for sharing this delight.
Best greetings, Johanna
Snap said…
Wonderful post to celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Happy Tea Day!
Donna Heber said…
Hi Millie,

A wonderful post in honor of the Queen! You have some beautiful memorabilia and thank you for sharing it with us.
Unknown said…
I haven't been around here in quite some time.....switching blogs, and life stuff...It's good to read that you are doing well. I believe the Queen is such a positive influence on how to be a quiet strong virtuous woman.....You have a wonderful collection..
The plates are commemorative. Their value is priceless.

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020