Canada Day 2013


I am so thankful for our country..the freedom to worship, abundance of clean water, wide open spaces, and I could go on. I read a little statement last week which said that the things we often take for granted are the ones other people pray for.
Here in Winnipeg, Canada, money is important! Why?...Because the Canadian Mint produces coins for more than 175 countries.This morning we headed over to the Mint for a special Canada Day celebration.
 This cool spot is at the entryway.


 Some of our coins...
 It is time now to stop and have a cup of tea and a dessert.
 We are drinking Red Rose Tea today...I think it is unique to Canada. It is my favorite Orange Pekoe. The china is Royal Worchester Chantilly Gold.
 I made a layered dessert...
Meanwhile out on the lawn our resident rabbit is looking quite lazy, stretched out on the grass in a most unusual pose. He lives under our deck and we notice that when we come out, he appears at a safe distance but we don't frighten him (or her!) Many people dislike rabbits in their garden, but we don't mind. When he munches the petunias, he is pruning them and they bush out nicely! ...and rabbits need to eat too....





Comments

ellen b. said…
We are seeing more and more of our resident rabbit. Happy Canada Day to you!!
I don't suppose they give out samples at the mint. ;-)
The rabbit sure is making itself at home on your lawn, our neighbourhood is becoming overrun with them.
Nice to join you for tea on July 1.
Happy Canada Day from Ontario.
Snap said…
Happy Canada Day. Lovely tea. You have a very cute furry friend! Happy Tea Day!
Clara said…
Happy Canada Day! Your tea is lovely and a cute photo of the sweet rabbit.
~Clara
Anonymous said…
Happy Canada Day, Millie. The rabbit is cute as can be. Love the looks of your dessert and tea.
Beth said…
Your rabbit is so cute, Millie. I enjoyed seeing that delectable dessert and your tea. Pretty china too!
Happy Canada Day, Millie! Your layered dessert looks delicious for your tea today. I wish I could share some with you, along with a cup of tea.
You're a lady after my own heart; not minding the bunnies, I mean! We have a bunny that hops out of the woods behind our home and munches the tender grass in our garden.
Pretty china! Your dessert looks delicious and my hubby loves his Red Rose! Thank you for coming to tea and Happy Canada Day, Millie!

Blessings,
Sandi
Tea in Texas said…
Precious Rabbit! Your tea time is lovely in the Royal Worcester tea set! The red rose tea is new to me and sounds refreshing. Have a great week! Pam
Pamela Gordon said…
I didn't know that The Canada Mint made coins for other countries! How interesting. It has a beautiful entryway. Your tea time is very appropriate for the holiday yesterday. I hope you had an enjoyable day. I know we did. Pamela
Hi Millie,
thank you for sharing this lovely tea time. It was interesting to see the photos con the Canadian Mint and of your beautiful tea setting. The layered dessert looks so tempting. Your bunny is sweet. I hope it is alone in the garden, otherwise you will have soon a lot of sweet bunnies.
Best greetings, Johanna

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020