“Looking Glass”

I don’t often hear the words “looking glass” to describe a mirror, but I do recall the expression from childhood stories….

I picked up a tin of “Looking Glass” on  a recent trip to Hobby Lobby, and tried it out on a few glass vases.

This is before…

001

and after….

018

I sprayed a mist of plain water on the surface before using the paint. It is important to apply the product on the reverse side of the glass. Several coats may be necessary to give the desired coverage, but I wanted a slight appearance of mercury glass.

021

023-001

This little experiment  may lead to other small projects…I’d like to try it on an old window pane…it might look like an antique mirror!

Share Your Creations

Comments

Cindy said…
Ooooh! That's beautiful! I love the mercury glass look.
Hugs, Cindy
Anonymous said…
Very pretty and the possibilities are endless. Have fun!
Betty Stapleton said…
what a pretty green cup and saucer. What is the relish dish?
Love the mirrored vase, didn't know you could buy that, must look for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020

Cloche Party!!