Thanks to Cindy of Oakview Cottage, who recently awarded this award to me:
I am to say 7 things about myself. Since I don’t usually write much about personal things, I’ll do my best to fill you in…… so here are 7 things you may not know about me…
1. I have been married to my dear husband for 52 years! ( yes, he robbed the cradle!!). We met at the wedding of his brother and my cousin. My cousin, who is now my sister in law, and I, confuse people by telling them that “our husbands are brothers and our Mothers were sisters”. (Are YOU confused yet??)
2. I started Grade One when I was still 4 years old, in a country school where my Dad taught. It was allowed in those days. We had moved and the idea was that I would meet some new friends and when I got bored with school, I would just drop out until I was 6, but I loved it, so kept on going…
3. We like permanentcy (new word!). Besides being married to the same person all these years, we have only moved once, from our first apartment to this house. My hubby worked for the same company for over 40 years. We have attended the same church since we were married. In spite of that, we are open to change within those areas. (for instance, the house is always undergoing some change!)
3. I am a retired accountant, but as my hobby I participated in craft shows with floral work.
4. We have 2 children and 3 grands.
5. We love camping.
6. Our family has roots in many countries; England, Ireland, India, Ukraine, and Austria, but we are proud to be simply CANADIAN!
6. The most important part of our life is our Christian faith.
I am passing this award on , so if you would like to accept it, feel free!
Now, if you haven’t been over to Cindy’s blog, check it out…you will enjoy it!